Bodie is looking for his new person.
9yo TB Gelding
More info, photos and videos in the link:
May be best with an intermediate rider with a trainer or an experienced rider.
NOT for a beginner!!
Ridden mostly English, has had a western saddle on him with no issue.
Please read the whole ad. PM if you are interested in meeting him.
Breeding and race history in the photo album. Might be a good dressage prospect (Storm Cat and AP Indy bloodlines).
Got him in November and been pleasure ridden since.
If you love TB geldings, he may be the boy for you.
- Reason he’s looking for a new home: we’re just not a good fit / I’m not his person and visa versa.
- sweet and loves attention
- stands to mount, good for the farrier, vet, grooming, blanketing, fly mask and spray, in a stall overnight or 24/7 turnout, etc.
- can catch him in the field
- easy keeper (cup of Balancer morning and night, free choice grazing or hay).
- microchipped, up to date on all vaccinations and dental. May need a coggins. PPE welcome at purchaser’s expense.
- currently barefoot trimmed every 6 weeks (he may need shoes with more work but he’s been without shoes for 2 years).
- sound (weird crack on one foot - growing out and doesn’t affect him)
- willingly joins up
- needs a trailer loading refresher (in progress)
- needs to be in a gelding herd or solo for a few weeks spring to early summer as he sometimes harasses the ladies
- gets distracted, but can be brought back down by an experienced rider.
- usually alpha in the herd.
- he’s a kick ride
- been around cows, goats, sheep, dogs, cats, poultry with no issues
- will GREATLY improve with solid groundwork and consistent riding
Offering him with a buy-back contract, lease to own, off-site lease or potentially an on-site lease.
Blankets, etc available for purchase with him.
Vet and farrier references will be requested.